So it's finally here. The morning of Day 1. Forecast this AM is for a max of 24 knots. The problem is that observations are showing low 30's with gusts up to 40knots. That's close to trimaran tipping weather. Now trimaran tipping is a lot like cow tipping to me - I've heard about it, but never seen it done. I'm hoping to keep it that way. Can't be pretty trying to right one of these things in the middle of a race course.
That being said, we typically favor the heavy stuff, but there's a rumor that racing may be cancelled. It will be interesting to see if they hold races today - I sure would hate to be on any committee boat in this weather. Anchoring offshore in seas/wind like this is sure to make for some unhappy stomachs.
The boat is ready to run, the guys hopefully got some rest last night and we're going to see how this boat handles in the really heavy stuff. More later.